Saturday, October 27, 2012

It's Been a Long Time

I haven't touched this blog in a VERY long time.  I've been trying to figure out life now that multiple sclerosis (MS) had caught up with me.  I have had MS for long time, over 20 years and was able to get back up after the attacks but as it's progressed, I'm not able to recover like I used to.  It has seriously effected my balance and it is not fun having vertigo.  And I am not able to walk much due to muscle weakness.  It's not something I can work through, as MS attacks the nerves in the nervous system and that caused things to go haywire, so working out doesn't fix the muscle weakness because it's not a muscle problem, it's the nerves that control the muscles - signals don't get through the damaged nerves from the brain to the muscles to make the muscles work.  Needless to say, I haven't been on a bike in a long time.  I miss it soooo very much. 

Being housebound sucks.  I have taken early retirement, which sucks too.  I'd rather be working and part of life instead of life moving on without me.  But enough whining. 



In the midst of winter, I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer - Albert Camus
I continue to work on my art skills and have sold a few pieces and kept a few that I really like.  But when I sleep, I dream of riding my bike. 

No comments: